The refractory linings of car-bottom furnace cars present an ideal opportunity for the use of precast refractory shape systems. Many of our heat-treating customers have chosen this new approach over the “old ways” of refractory maintenance. Here’s why:Find out how precast refractory shape systems can improve car bottom furnaces here! #TFL #TFLHouston Click To Tweet
The Old Way
Precast Shape System
- Installation logistics greatly simplified
- Crew size minimized
- Installation becomes a “mechanical” job, not a specialized refractory job
- Replacement parts can be kept on hand
- Future repairs can be easily isolated
- Water, mix time controlled in manufacturing
- Independent curb shapes can isolate damage from the rest of car bottom
Pro Tip: Physical properties of the castable are optimized with TFL refractory shapes.
Precast shapes for car-bottom furnace refractory linings are easier to install and provide vastly improved performance over cast-in-place refractories. We can also manufacture these shapes with a specially formulated fused-silica castable that is specifically designed to resist damage from thermal cycling- a common source of problems in car bottom furnaces.
Want to learn more about the advantages of precast refractory shapes from TFL? Contact us today!